Nightlife in Portugal
If you are one to enjoy clubbing and partying, you would love Portugal. The country’s nightlife offers dance, drinks and music with a more relaxed and laid-back vibe. But this does not mean the Portuguese do not know how to have fun; they just know how to give you a good time. You can party hard, but you do not have to exert too much effort to do it.
Clubbing in Portugal is different when placed side by side with most partying conventions. In popular and busy nightclub strips like those in Porto or Lisbon, partying means getting your drink from the bar and heading outside, which turns the streets into one big mass of people drinking and chatting the night away. Those who want to dance need to go inside, where the DJ spins music.
Other bars follow a pay later system, where you are issued a card that need to be filled out as you order your drinks. These you have to pay at the bar before you leave, or you will not be allowed to get out of the bar. Plus, they have a minimum consumption policy, so you need to have enough stamps in your card so you could get out.
But with the help of your local host, you will dance and party the night away without worries, as they will explain how Portuguese’s party and where they party.
Partying in Portugal
- If you’re looking for fun, entertainment and a lot of partying, Algarve is the place for you. Spend the day swimming, sunbathing or sightseeing and end it with an explosive party experience in Albufeira by going to Avenida Dr. Francisco Sá Carneiro, more commonly known to tourists as The Strip. Find crowded bars, shops, theme pubs, restaurants and other stores lit up by colorful dancing neon signs.
- Fancy a chill and relax night? Head to Lagos and experience a toned down version of night outs you are accustomed to. While the bars are a bit smaller and edgier, the partygoers provide amazing company, giving you an authentic party experience.
- Chic bars are one of the many attractions of the nightlife in Braga, where you can start a marvelous evening with an authentic Portuguese dinner from one of the best restaurants in the area. Finish the night with the best drinks and party until you drop in one of the many dance pubs in Braga.
- Porto, the second largest city of Portugal, is the place to go if you want a bit of everything – and that includes casinos, pubs, cafes, bars and clubs that cater to different preferences. Whether you are a bohemian looking for inspiration, a romantic seeking beauty or just want to get a drink, Porto has something for you.
Top bars in Portugal
- If theme parties are your thing, Wild & Co. is the bar for you. Party all night an Irish Pub cum American Saloon–style and bring home memories of a wild night.
- Drink and watch the night go by from the upper floors or dance the night away on the basement bar of Bon Vivant, a bar with a disco nightclub located right in the heart of in Lagos.
- Paint the town red and party like there’s no tomorrow in Braga Pub Crawls, open until 4am.
- Get lost in the rock music from Tendinha dos Clérigos and Radio Bar, surrender your soul to electronic music booming from Plano B Bar in Porto, or dance until you drop in Twins Foz. No matter your preference, you are sure to have a great time.
- Enjoy a beer and have a helluva time in Chessenta, a bar located in Rua do Prior. Aside from enjoying the beer, you can have an amazing time bantering with a fun-oriented crowd of beer lovers.